YouTube's new PiP feature, now you can watch YouTube videos and work on other apps, know how to use
A new experimental feature "Picture in Picture" (PiP) is being tested by Google. This new feature will be for iOS users. Under which the YouTube app will allow premium subscribers to watch videos while using other apps on mobile. Let us tell you that at present, the PiP mode feature is limited to YouTube's premium customers only. However, now it has been rolled out as an experiment. This means that YouTube's new PiP feature can be activated manually in advance for use. When this feature is enabled, this feature will allow users to minimize the YouTube viewing window to a mini-player window. After which users will be able to use other apps while playing Youtube videos on mobile phones. AppleInsider's report has been revealed about this new app of Youtube.
How to use
- Users will first have to visit YouTube.com/new to use this new PiP feature.
- After this, users will have to log in to their Google account.
- Then users will have to navigate the picture-in-picture mode.
- This feature has been released experimentally for iOS.
- In such a situation, users will have to select the "Try it out" mode.
- After this, users will have to open the activate option from their account.
- Then the YouTube app has to be opened on the iPhone. And a video has to be played.
- After this, users will have to press the home button or swipe it up and down to close the app.
- After this YouTube will turn into a mini player.
- This way the video will play in a small PiP pan.
However, the video will pause when the screen is locked. It has been announced by YouTube that PiP mode has been introduced as a premium service for US subscribers.