Wooden switch boards can be dangerous, know why you need to avoid buying them!


Wooden Switch Board:  Till a few years ago, people used wooden switchboards in their homes, these were easily available in the local market and their base was made of wood. Even today, these switchboards can be seen in many homes. However, they are not considered safe. If you are also planning to buy and use them, then today we are going to tell you the reason why they should not be used. 


Fire Hazard:

Wood is flammable, and older wooden switchboards often have loose wires, poor insulation, and connections that can cause sparks. All of these factors can increase the risk of a fire, especially if the switchboard is experiencing high loads or is exposed to moisture.

Electric Shock:

Wood is not a good conductor of electricity, and older wooden switchboards may have damaged wires and loose connections over time. If these wires become exposed, they can cause an electric shock, especially if the switchboard is wet.

Obsolete Design:

Older wooden switchboards do not meet modern safety standards. They may not have grounding, which can increase the risk of electric shock. They may also not have a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI), which helps protect against electric shock.

They are strange to look at:

Wooden switchboards do not fit in with the décor of modern homes. They can look old and unsightly, and even look odd in the interior of your home. 

Here are some additional suggestions:

If your home has wooden switchboards, get them replaced by a qualified electrician as soon as possible.

Get all the electric appliances in your home inspected regularly to ensure they are in safe condition.

If you are unfamiliar with electrical work, do not attempt to repair a switchboard or any other electrical appliance yourself.

Wooden switchboards can be dangerous, so it is important to replace them and keep your home safe.