Passport Tips: Applying online for a passport is easy, just follow these steps
The process of applying for a passport online sitting at home is quite easy. For this, people have to visit the Passport Seva online portal.
Most people dream of working and studying abroad. Many times people want to go out of India to roam. However, to go to another country, people need to have a passport. Without him, they cannot travel. In the earlier times, getting a passport was a very difficult task. People had to make rounds of government offices.
However, now the Government of India has made the process of getting a passport easier than ever in view of their convenience. For this people do not need to go anywhere. They can apply for a passport online by sitting at home. Its process is very easy. One can apply for a passport online by following the steps mentioned below.
How to Apply Passport Online?
- For this, first, you have to go to the Passport Seva Online Portal.
- Click on the link given for New User Registration on the home page. You will find this option on the left side.
- Now a new window will open. All the details being asked will have to be entered into it. Here you will have to fill in much information including your name, date of birth, and email.
- Then finally enter the captcha code and click on the Register button.
- After that go to the option of User Login.
- Now login here with the help of the login ID created at the time of registration.
- Then click on the link given for “Apply for Fresh Passport and Re-Issue of Passport”.
- After that fill in all the details being asked there and click on Pay and Schedule. Also, select the date to visit the passport office at your convenience.
- You can pay online through your credit and debit cards.
- You can download the receipt by clicking on Print Application Receipt. However, after filling the form, you will get a message with the details of your appointment. It will be valid to show it at the passport office.
Let us tell you that you will have to carry many documents with you when you go to the passport office. This includes the date of birth certificate, identity proof, and address proof.