In this way, you can convert your old phone into a CCTV camera, know!
In today's era of rising expenses, managing regular expenses can be challenging. However, it is important to ensure the safety of your home. To address this concern without incurring significant costs, you can convert an old smartphone into a cost-effective CCTV camera, saving you thousands of rupees. With this setup, you can monitor your home remotely and reduce security concerns.
Here's how you can convert your old smartphone into a CCTV camera:
- Install the “IP Webcam” app from the Google Play Store on your old smartphone.
- Open the app and tap on the “Start Server” option displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Now allow the permissions the app is asking for.
- Now the smartphone camera will become active.
- On the screen, you will see an IP address displayed at the bottom. Note down this IP address.
- Open a web browser on any device and enter the IP address in the address bar, then press "Enter."
- This will take you to the IP Webcam website, where you'll see two options: "Video Rendering" and "Audio Player." Select "Video Rendering" if you want to watch recorded videos.
- Click "Browser" to access the camera feed.
Apart from this, if you want to listen to audio along with video then you can click on the flash option given with the audio player.