You will be able to do UPI payments without an internet connection, here's the complete method
It is common to transfer money from apps like Google Pay, and Phone Pay, but sometimes we face problems in making payments due to internet connection issues. You can pay without an internet connection and app. Let us know the full way of this
Has it ever happened to you that you are in the middle of sending money online using Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe, or any other UPI payment service, and your internet connection stops working for some reason. If yes, then *99#, a USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) based mobile banking service can be of help to you. It lets you request and sends money, change your UPI PIN and even check your account balance without an internet connection.
*99# service provides banking services for all across the country. It is offered by 83 banks and 4 telecom service providers. It can be accessed in 13 different languages including Hindi and English. Let us see how you can set it up and make offline UPI payments.
Set up offline UPI payment
- Dial *99# on your smartphone or feature phone. But, make sure you are using the same phone number that is linked to your bank account to make this call otherwise the service will not work.
- Then, choose the language you want and enter your bank name.
- You will be shown a list of bank accounts that are linked to your number, so select the account you want to use by pressing the right option.
- Now, enter the last 6 digits of your debit card along with the expiry date.
- Once you set it up successfully, you can make UPI payments without an internet connection.
Make offline UPI payments
- Dial *99# on your phone and enter 1 to send money.
- Select your desired option and enter the UPI ID / Phone number / Bank account number of the person to whom you want to send money.
- Then, enter the amount and your UPI PIN.
- Once done, your payment will be done successfully,
- Currently, the upper limit for this service is Rs 5,000 and you will be charged a maximum of Rs. 0.50 per transaction will be charged.