Tech: How to activate PhonePe UPI using Aadhar Card without an account number, Know!
PhonePay is currently one of the most popular instant payment platforms with around 350 million registered users. It enables users to digitally manage and access their bank accounts at any time, with a convenient UPI transaction process. Adding more convenience for its users, PhonePe is now allowing new users to complete UPI activation using an Aadhar card using OTP authentication.
During the set-up of UPI on any app including Google Pay, Paytm, or even PhonePe, it is mandatory for users to provide their debit card information to obtain OTP authentication and to set the user's UPI PIN. However, this process restricted access to registration to a large number of Indian bank account holders who do not have a debit card. But with the new Aadhaar-based OTP authentication for UPI activation, more people will be able to be a part of the UPI ecosystem.
If you are a new user and want to set up your UPI on PhonePe through an Aadhar card, here is the step-by-step process.
- Download PhonePe from PlayStore or App Store.
- Open PhonePe, enter your mobile number, and then OTP.
- Now go to the My Money page and then click on Payment Methods.
- After that choose your bank and click on 'Add New Bank Account.
- Now choose the bank with which you want to set up your UPI and validate your phone number.
- PhonePe will receive your account details and link your account with UPI.
- Now proceed to set your UPI PIN. You can either enter your Debit/ATM card details or choose the Aadhar card option.
- Enter the last six digits of their Aadhaar. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and your UPI PIN will be fully set for PhonePe.
- After setting up the process, users will be able to use all the UPI features like payments and balance checks on the PhonePe app.