Top 10 Sports News: Chennai tops Kolkata after defeating Kolkata, Bangalore washes Mumbai
Three-time champion team Chennai Super Kings defeated Kolkata Knight Riders (CSK vs KKR) on the last ball to once again regain the top spot in the points table. At the same time, the record 5-time winners Mumbai Indians were defeated by Royal Challengers Bangalore by 54 runs in Dubai. Mumbai suffered its third consecutive defeat in the UAE stage.
New Delhi. Chennai Super Kings, captained by the legendary Mahendra Singh Dhoni, defeated Kolkata Knight Riders (CSK vs KKR) by 2 wickets on the last ball in a very exciting match of IPL-2021. Kolkata scored 171 runs for 6 wickets and three-time champions Chennai achieved the target for the loss of 8 wickets. With this victory, the Chennai Super Kings team once again reached the top of the points table. He has 16 points from 10 matches. At the same time, record 5-time champions Mumbai Indians continued their poor performance and suffered a third consecutive defeat in the UAE stage. Royal Challengers Bangalore defeated him by a margin of 54 runs in Dubai. Bangalore registered its sixth win in 10 matches and is at number three with 12 points. Mumbai team slipped to number 7 after the sixth defeat.
- Three-time champion team Chennai Super Kings defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by 2 wickets in the last ball in a very exciting match of IPL-2021. Kolkata scored 171 runs for 6 wickets and Chennai achieved the target for the loss of 8 wickets. With this victory, the Chennai Super Kings team once again reached the top of the points table. He has 16 points from 10 matches. At the same time, KKR had to face the sixth defeat in the same number of matches.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore, captained by Virat Kohli, has made a move towards reaching the playoffs. The team defeated Mumbai Indians by 54 runs in the match of IPL-2021. In reply to RCB's 165, Mumbai's team was reduced to 111 runs. For the first time in the history of IPL, RCB defeated Mumbai twice in a season. This is Mumbai's third consecutive defeat and sixth overall. RCB has won 6 out of 10 matches. The team is at number three in the table with 12 points. RCB fast bowler Harshal Patel also took a hat-trick in the match. He became the third bowler from RCB to take a hat-trick. Mumbai's team has come from the 6th to 7th number in the table. He has 8 points in 10 matches.
- The Indian women's cricket team defeated the Australian women's team by 2 wickets in the third and final ODI, thanks to brilliant half-centuries from Yastika Bhatia (64) and Shefali Verma (56). Batting first, the Australian team had set a target of 265 runs in front of India. The Indian team achieved this target by losing eight wickets in 49.3 overs. The Indian women's team was successful in defeating the Australian team in ODIs after 4 years. With this, Mithali and Company stopped the victorious chariot of Australia. Australia's team was invincible from the last 26 ODIs.
- India's star tennis player Sania Mirza won her first title of the year when her Chinese partner Shuai Zhang defeated the pair of Caitlin Christian and Erin Ratliff in consecutive sets in the doubles final of the Ostrava Open.
- The second-seeded pair of India and China defeated the third-seeded American pair of Christian and New Zealand's Ratliff 6-3, 6-2 in 1 hour and 4 minutes in the title match. Sania was playing in the final for the second time in the season. He had previously made it to the finals of the WTA 250 Cleveland event in the US last month with Christina Mashale, where the pair lost.
- A new book has come out based on the life of India's domineering captain Bishan Singh Bedi. Many veterans of the cricket world have shared their views in the book Sardar Off Spin, released on the life of this former left-arm spinner. The last few months have been very difficult for Bishan Singh Bedi. He spent three weeks in the hospital in February-March this year after complaining of heart problems and later had to undergo an operation to remove a blood clot in his brain. His 75th birthday celebrations here on Friday were attended by family, close friends, and former players. Former captain Bishan Singh Bedi turned 75 on Saturday. On this occasion, the best players of Indian cricket, including Kapil Dev, Sachin Tendulkar, and Sunil Gavaskar, in a book titled 'Sardar of Spin', discussed their artistry in the game and personality who raised voice for the rights of players off the field.
- New Zealand and then England refused to tour Pakistan, after which the current and former players there are spewing fire against both these countries. Now Shahid Afridi has also joined this list. Afridi revealed that the PCB conducts several rounds of security checks before giving the green signal for the home series. In such a situation, the decision of the New Zealand Board to cancel the tour of Pakistan is not apologetic. In a conversation with Cricket Pakistan, he said that we all know that when it comes to the tour of any team, there are investigations on many fronts. Proper screening is done by security members of the visiting nation. The way to go for the team is pre-determined. Only after the process is completed, the visiting country is given a green signal for the tour.
- The England cricket team has only two months left to leave for Australia for the 2021 Ashes. However, there is still an atmosphere of uncertainty on this tour. Australia's deteriorating COVID-19 situation has put this crucial series under doubt, as the star English players debate whether it is worth keeping themselves and their families through the harsh quarantine and bio-bubble conditions in the country. are worth. In such a situation, Michael Vaughan has asked the star players playing in all three formats of England to give up the T20 World Cup and fly to Australia. Vaughan said if players prioritize red-ball tours over the shortest format, it would send a strong message about the importance of Test cricket.
- Virat Kohli has announced his decision to step down as the captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) after IPL-2021. Although he will remain with RCB as a player, Kohli will play in the IPL under a new captain from next season. Former Indian cricketer and famous commentator Sanjay Manjrekar has chosen three names as the captain of RCB. Talking to Cricinfo, Manjrekar along with Kieran Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav, and David Warner has advised RCB to go ahead.
- French league toppers Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) beat Montpellier 2-0 to register their eighth consecutive win. At the Parc des Princes stadium, midfielder Idrisa Guay scored the first goal in the 14th minute, while substitute Julian Drexler put PSG ahead 2-0 in the 88th minute, which proved to be the deciding score. PSG is yet again without superstar Lionel Messi, who has missed two matches due to a swollen knee and is trying to get fit for Tuesday's Champions League match against Manchester City.
- India's women's and mixed doubles compound archery team had to be content with a silver medal at the World Championships in Yankton, USA after losing in one-sided encounters against Colombia. At the same time, Indian archer Jyoti Surekha Venam had to be content with the silver medal in the compound women's individual category after losing in a close final to Colombia's strong archer Sara Lopez. Sara defeated Jyoti by 146-144. India was challenging for its maiden gold medal at the World Championships. India has not won the gold medal so far, but it has made it to the podium the most 10 times. During this, India was challenged in the final eight times and had to be satisfied with the silver medal every time.