MI vs CSK Highlights: Chennai Super Kings' big win in IPL 2021, Mumbai misses Rohit
IPL 2021, MI vs CSK Highlights: MS Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings had given a target of 157 runs to Mumbai Indians, in response, Mumbai could only score 136 runs and by 20 runs Lost the match.
New Delhi. Chennai Super Kings defeated Mumbai Indians by 20 runs in the first match of the second leg of IPL 2021. CSK had scored 156 runs for the loss of 6 wickets in 20 overs. Chasing the target of 157 runs, the entire team of Mumbai Indians could only score 136 runs at the loss of 8 wickets. With this win, Mahendra Singh Dhoni's CSK has reached the top of the points table. Kieran Pollard led the Mumbai team against Chennai instead of Rohit Sharma.
- Chennai captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni won the toss and decided to bat first. Apart from opener Rituraj Gaikwad's unbeaten half-century, Dwayne Bravo's stormy innings made Chennai Super Kings a challenging score of 156 for 6, recovering from a very poor start. Gaikwad scored an unbeaten 88 off 58 balls with the help of four sixes and nine fours.
- Chennai's team managed to add 109 runs in the last 9 overs. For Mumbai, Adam Milne 21, Jasprit Bumrah 33, and Trent Boult took two wickets each for 35 runs. Chennai did not start well.
- At one point, as soon as MS Dhoni was dismissed on the last ball of the power play, Chennai's score was reduced to 24 runs for 4 wickets.
- Gaikwad and Jadeja put an end to the fall of the wickets, but after the power play, no boundary was hit till the 11th over. Gaikwad ended the boundary drought in the 12th over with a six on Krunal Pandya and took the team's score past 50.
- Gaikwad hit a six on Bumrah, but this fast bowler broke the 81-run partnership by getting Jadeja caught by Pollard. Dwayne Bravo showed a stormy attitude as soon as he came. After hitting a six on Milne, he scored 24 runs in the 19th over with three sixes on Boult. Chasing the target of 157 runs, Mumbai Indians did not have a good start. He had lost 3 wickets within 40 runs.
- Quinton de Kock (17), Anmolpreet Singh (16), and Suryakumar Yadav (3) were dismissed after scoring runs. Deepak Chahar gave the initial setbacks to Mumbai. He first made Dekock and then Anmolpreet his victim. After this Saurabh Tiwary and captain Pollard took over the innings of Mumbai. However, he too could not avert the team's defeat.