You can also enjoy the taste of classic Bengali dishes at home by following this easy recipe of 'Aloo Posto'.
For how many people: 4
500 grams small-sized potatoes, 4 green chilies cut long, 2 tablespoon mustard oil, 50 grams poppy seeds puree, 1 teaspoon fennel, turmeric powder, salt, as per taste, 1 tablespoon ghee, 2 green chilies for garnishing for
- First of all, soak the poppy seeds in water for about two hours.
- After that grind the poppy seeds using this water.
- Peel and wash the potatoes and clean them.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan and add fennel and green chilies to it.
- Now add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- After this, it is the turn to add turmeric powder and then poppy seed puree.
- Add water and salt, cover, and cook on high flame. As soon as it comes to a boil, slow the flame and cook for 15 minutes.
- Potato Posto is ready. Garnish with green chilies and serve with luchi or dal-bhaat.