World Oral Health Day 2023: Know what to do and what not to do for oral hygiene...
World Oral Health Day 2023: Oral hygiene is such a thing, which we all ignore badly in our daily life and give a lot of importance. While we have been taught since our school days that special care should be taken for dental hygiene. It is an important part of our overall hygiene. Whereas brushing twice a day is one of the most common tips taught since childhood, which most of us do not follow. Throughout the day, we consume a lot of food items that get stuck between our teeth. Hence it becomes all the more important to take care of our oral health.
Signs of poor oral hygiene-
1. Bad breath
2. Bleeding gums
3. Tooth decay or cavity
5. Cold sores
Simple oral health tips that should be adopted in daily life-
1. We all have been hearing about brushing twice a day since childhood. We all should adopt this habit. Brushing once after waking up and once before sleeping helps in killing all the bacteria living in the mouth.
2. Just as brushing is necessary, in the same way, cleaning of the tongue is also necessary, so make sure to use a tongue cleaner.
3. To save the teeth from rotting, every time after eating food, gargle with water in the mouth. This helps in keeping bad breath away.
4. Use toothpaste that contains fluoride as it helps prevent tooth decay.
5. Floss daily after brushing. It not only helps in removing small food particles from the gap of the teeth but also stimulates the gums and reduces plaque.
6. You should keep drinking water from time to time as it helps in washing away the pungent and acidic taste of the foods you eat.
7. Visit the dentist at least twice a year for cleaning and check-up.
Avoid excessive consumption of these food items-
1. Carbonated Drinks
3. Cookies or any sugar-based food
5. Sour Candy