Working for hours on a laptop has started causing headaches, so do this remedy, you will get instant relief
Headaches from computer screens: Many times while working on the computer, there is a sharp pain in the eyes and head and we are not able to work even if we want to. The biggest reason for the headache caused by working on a laptop or computer for hours is eye strain, which is happening due to focusing on the screen for hours. It increases further due to the ever-increasing decreasing light of the screen and causes headaches.
How can I prevent headaches on my computer? Computers and laptops have become a part of our lifestyle. Then whether it is office work, studies or entertainment. After the start of work from home culture, it has started showing its effect on the body while sitting in front of the computer. The complaints of headaches and pain in the eyes are increasing rapidly among people due to the continuous gaze of the screen for several hours. According to Healthline, the biggest cause of headaches due to working hours on a laptop or computer is eye strain, which is happening due to focusing on the screen for hours. It increases further due to the ever-increasing decreasing light of the screen and causes headaches.
Causes of headache
- Between hours of work on the computer or laptop, your brain forces the eyes to stay on the screen. In such a situation, the eyes get tired and the headache starts.
- If you are not working continuously by sitting in the right posture, then it puts stress on your cervical neck and starts pain in the eyes and head.
- The strong light coming from the computer makes our eyes and surrounding muscles tired.
- With increasing light, the eyes get more stressed in focusing again and again and a headache starts.
Keep headache away in this way
- You follow the 20-20-20 formula. That is, every 20 minutes, for 20 seconds, remove your eyes from the screen and look up to a distance of 20 feet.
- Use dim light indoors and avoid strong sunlight or any other light as far as possible.
- Whenever working on a laptop, make sure to always use a chair with handles.
- If the laptop has a Night Mode Screen Light option, then use it during the day as well.
- Reduce the brightness of the screen and then work.
- Do not keep the font size small. Always work on increasing it.
- Do not use overhead lights during work.
- If possible, use the glare filter on the screen.
- Blink your eyelids frequently, avoid looking at a tucked screen.
- Avoid working in the dark. If you work keeping these methods in mind, then you can avoid the problems of headache and can work without any problem.