Side effects of eating citrus fruits: - Eating too many sour fruits can cause these harms
During the winter season, people often consume citrus fruits to boost immunity. During the winter season, people consume citrus fruits like oranges and lemons, and in large quantities because it contains Vitamin C which boosts immunity and keeps the body safe from infections. Apart from this, they are also beneficial for the skin. By protecting you from oxidative stress, it protects you from many diseases. But these sour fruits can also prove harmful for some people. Let us know what problems can occur due to the consumption of sour fruits. Dietician AvaniKaul is giving information about this.
Eating too much citrus fruits can cause these side effects
- Citrus fruits are acidic, so those who already have acidity and acid reflux problems should avoid them. Citrus fruits can cause stomach irritation, pain, heartburn, and diarrhoea. The acids present in fruits can irritate the oesophagus.
- Citrus fruits are acidic, and including them excessively in the diet can cause damage to teeth. This can damage the upper layer of teeth i.e. enamel. This can weaken your teeth. If you already have problems with your teeth, you should stay away from sour fruits. This may cause cavity problems.
- One should avoid consuming sour fruits even immediately after eating food. Some compounds present in it can hinder the absorption of nutrients. Citrus fruits contain polyphenols, tannins and oxalates. These can form complexes with minerals like calcium and iron.
- Diabetic patients can also be harmed by this. Consuming sour fruits increases the amount of sugar in the body. Its excessive consumption makes the blood sugar in the body unbalanced. Due to this you may feel tired and lack energy.
- Citrus fruits contain abundant amounts of Vitamin C. Consuming it in excess can increase the amount of oxalate in the body, which can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
Image Credit- Freepik