Recipe: The taste of rice dhokla will make you forget all other flavors, know the recipe!
Updated: May 12, 2023, 16:53 IST|
Photo Credit: NDTV Food
Chawal Dhokla is a popular Gujarati snack made with a batter of rice and lentils. Here's a simple recipe to make rice dhokla at home:
1 cup rice
1/4 cup urad dal
1/4 cup yellow dal
1/4 cup sour curd
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp green chili paste
salt as per taste
1 tsp fruit salt
1 tbsp Oil
Mustard seeds, curry leaves, and grated coconut for garnish (optional)
Photo Credit: News18 Hindi
- Soak rice, urad dal, and chana dal in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the soaked rice and dal with sour curd, ginger paste, green chili paste, and salt to make a smooth batter.
- Take out the batter in a bowl and let it ferment for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- After fermentation, add the fruit salt and 1 tbsp oil to the batter and mix well.
- Grease a steaming plate with oil and pour the batter into it.
- Steam the batter for 15-20 minutes or till it is cooked.
- Remove the plate from the steamer and let it cool slightly.
- Cut the rice dhokla into desired shapes and garnish with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and grated coconut (optional).
- Serve rice dhokla hot or at room temperature with green chutney or tamarind chutney.