Recipe: Spicy papdi chaat, learn its easy recipe
Certainly! Here's an easy recipe to make spicy papdi chaat:
- 20-25 store-bought papdis (crispy fried dough wafers)
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1/2 cup boiled potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup tamarind chutney
- 1/4 cup mint chutney
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- Chaat masala, to taste
- Roasted cumin powder, to taste
- Red chili powder, to taste
- Sev (thin crispy noodles made from chickpea flour), for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
Arrange the papdis on a serving plate.
In a bowl, mix the boiled chickpeas, boiled potatoes, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, and fresh coriander leaves.
Add chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, and red chili powder to the mixture according to your taste preferences. Mix well.
Place a spoonful of the chickpea and potato mixture on each papdi.
Drizzle tamarind chutney and mint chutney over the papdis.
If desired, lightly whisk the yogurt and drizzle it over the papdis.
Sprinkle chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, and red chili powder over the papdis.
Garnish with a generous amount of sev, pomegranate seeds (if using), and fresh coriander leaves.
Serve immediately and enjoy the spicy and tangy papdi chaat.
Papdi chaat is a popular street food in India and is loved for its combination of flavors and textures. You can adjust the spice levels and toppings according to your preference. It's a delicious snack that can be enjoyed during gatherings or as a special treat at home.