Recipe: Spicy Dahi Kebab, Learn easy recipe to make it
Sure! Here's an easy recipe for Spicy Dahi Kebab:
- 1 cup hung curd (thick yogurt)
- 1/2 cup grated paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Bread crumbs (for coating)
- Oil for shallow frying
In a mixing bowl, combine hung curd, grated paneer, onions, capsicum, coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, roasted cumin powder, garam masala, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
Shape the mixture into small round or oval-shaped kebabs. If the mixture is too sticky, you can grease your hands with a little oil to make the shaping process easier.
Coat the kebabs with bread crumbs on all sides. The bread crumbs will help give a crispy texture to the kebabs when fried.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place the kebabs gently on the pan, ensuring they don't overlap. Shallow fry the kebabs until they turn golden brown and crispy on both sides. This should take about 3-4 minutes per side.
Once the kebabs are cooked and crispy, remove them from the pan and place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
Serve the Spicy Dahi Kebabs hot with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or your favorite dipping sauce. They make a delicious appetizer or snack.
Enjoy the spicy and flavorful Dahi Kebabs!
Note: You can adjust the spice levels according to your preference by increasing or decreasing the amount of green chilies and red chili powder used in the recipe.