Recipe:- Make your day special by eating water chestnut halwa, Note down this easy recipe!
PC: Yummy Food Recipes
Water chestnut halwa is delicious in taste and you can easily prepare it at home. So if you want to satisfy your sweet cravings then you can note down its recipe.
- 1 cup water chestnut flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron threads (optional)
- Ghee to grease the pan
Prepare sugar syrup:
- Mix sugar and milk in a saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes until it turns into a slightly sticky syrup.
- Add saffron threads (and cardamom powder) to the syrup, mix well, and keep aside.
Fry water chestnut flour:
- Heat 1/2 cup ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan or kadhai.
- Add water chestnut flour to hot ghee and fry it on low to medium flame.
- Stir continuously to avoid lumps and for uniform roasting.
- Fry the water chestnut flour until it turns golden brown and starts giving off a nutty aroma. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
Mix sugar syrup and water chestnut flour:
- When water chestnut flour is roasted, add carefully prepared syrup to it.
- Be careful as the mixture may curdle in the beginning.
- Mix water chestnut flour and sugar syrup well, so that no lumps remain.
Cook the pudding:
- Continue cooking the mixture on low to medium flame.
- Keep stirring it continuously until the halwa becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan. This may take about 10-15 minutes.
Add chopped nuts:
- Add chopped mixed nuts to the halwa and mix.
- Grease a plate or tray with ghee and put water chestnut halwa in it.
Shape the halwa by flattening it with the help of a spatula.
Let it cool for some time.
Cut and Serve:
When the halwa cools down and sets, cut it into pieces or squares.
Your delicious water chestnut halwa is ready to serve. Enjoy!