Recipe: Make Coriander Panjiri on the day of Janmashtami, note down this easy recipe!
On the day of Janmashtami, coriander leaves are offered to Shri Krishna. If you also want to make it at home, then we have brought its recipe for you. Let us know how you can make it.
¾ cup coriander seeds
3 tbsp + 1 tsp ghee
3-4 tbsp chopped almonds 3-4 tbsp
2 tbsp melon seeds
2 tbsp chironji
½ cup broken makhana
½ cup grated dry coconut
½ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp green cardamom powder
1. Dry roast coriander seeds in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes. Take it out on a plate and let it cool.
2. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in the same pan, add almonds, cashews, melon seeds, and chironji, and fry till they turn golden. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and let cool.
3. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in the same pan, add puffed lotus seeds, and fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Pour into the same bowl and let it cool.
4. In the same pan, dry roast the desiccated coconut on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Put coriander seeds in a grinder jar and grind them finely.
6. Heat the remaining ghee in the same pan, add the ground coriander, and fry it for 1-2 minutes. Pour into the same bowl and let it cool completely.
7. Add powdered sugar and green cardamom powder to it and mix well.