Recipe- Dhaba style dal makhani will give you an amazing taste, the recipe is very easy!
pc: My Food Story
If you want to make delicious and nutritious dhaba-style dal makhani at home, it is quite easy to do. It is a dish that is extremely popular and loved by people in restaurants and dhabas alike. It is rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making it a healthy option. So let's learn how you can make Dhaba Style Dal Makhani at home.
1 cup whole black urad dal
3 tbsp kidney
beans 1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup tomato puree
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
3-4 tbsp fresh cream
4 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp cumin
green chilies chopped
1 inch piece of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
2 cardamom buds
1/4 teaspoon mace powder
a pinch of nutmeg powder
Salt as per taste
- To make Dal Makhani, first, wash the whole black urad dal and kidney beans and soak them in water overnight. Next morning, wash them thoroughly again and pressure cook them with thrice the amount of water, and one tablespoon of salt till they are fully cooked. Cook them on low flame till 6-7 whistles.
- When the pressure cooker cools down and the pressure is released, open it and mash the dal lightly with the help of a masher. Now take a big pan and turn on the gas. Add 2-3 tbsp butter to the pan.
- Once the butter melts, add all the spices, such as cumin, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods and mace powder. Fry them for a minute till they become fragrant.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chilies. Fry them until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add finely chopped onion and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add tomato puree and salt to taste. Cook the mixture till the oil starts separating.
- Add cooked lentils to this mixture. Mix it well and let it boil on low flame. If it is too thick you can add water to it.
- Cook for 10 minutes until it thickens and comes together.
- Finally, add fresh cream, nutmeg powder, and remaining butter. Mix well.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh cream.