Makar Sankranti 2022: To get happiness and good fortune, these five important tasks must be done on Makar Sankranti including donation
Why is the festival of Makar Sankranti celebrated? After all, what is the importance of worshiping the visible deity Lord Suryadev on this festival, and what are the measures related to charity on this day, after doing which we get infinite virtue? Read this article to know.
In the first month of the new year i.e. January, big festivals begin with Makar Sankranti. The festival of Makar Sankranti will be celebrated on 14 January 2022. The festival of Makar Sankranti is celebrated with different names not only in North India but in different states including the southern parts. On this great festival, the Sun God, who gives us direct vision every day, becomes Uttarayan. The period of Sun from Capricorn to Gemini is called Uttarayan Kaal. Due to Uttarayan, the day becomes longer and the night becomes shorter. In the Sanatan tradition, not only taking birth in the Uttarayan period but also getting death is considered good. Let us know in detail about the method of worship of the great festival of Makar Sankranti and the surefire remedy to be done on this day.
All sorrows will be removed by the charity
The donation has special significance on the day of Makar Sankranti. On this day, go to any temple and donate rice, ghee, curd, flour, jaggery, black sesame, white sesame, red chili, sugar candy, potato, and some money according to your ability. It is believed that the donation given on this day removes all the troubles related to life.
Great remedy for Makar Sankranti
- On the occasion of Makar Sankranti, donate red sandalwood, ghee, flour, jaggery, black pepper, etc. to remove the defects related to the sun.
- Along with rice, donate camphor, ghee, milk, curd, white sandalwood, etc. to remove the defects associated with the moon planet.
- To remove the defects of Mars, donate jaggery, honey, lentils, red sandalwood, etc.
- To remove the dosha of Mercury, donate coriander, sugar candy, dry basil leaves, sweets, moong, honey along rice.
- Donate honey, turmeric, lentils, juicy fruits, bananas, etc. to remove the doshas associated with the planet Jupiter.
- Donate sugar candy, white sesame, barley, rice, potato, perfume, etc. for Shukra dosha.
- It is believed that on this great festival, Shani Dev comes to meet his father Suryadev. In such a situation, the worship and remedies of Shani Dev along with Sun God also become important on this day. If there is Shani dosha in your horoscope, then donate black sesame, white sesame, mustard oil, and ginger along with other ingredients on the day of Makar Sankranti to remove it.
Do these five things on Makar Sankranti
- Massage with sesame oil must be done on Makar Sankranti.
- Apply sesame paste on Makar Sankranti. It is believed that on this day, applying the rubbish of sesame seeds keeps the body radiant and enhances the personality.
- If you cannot go to any river or lake, pilgrimage, etc., then take bath by mixing Gangajal in water.
- To get happiness and good luck and to get Shree, after worship, do Havan with sesame seeds.
- On the day of Makar Sankranti, eat foods made from sesame seeds.
(The information given here is based on religious beliefs and folk beliefs, there is no scientific evidence for this. It has been presented here keeping in mind the general interest.)