Licorice is full of many properties, but eating more can cause these 4 disadvantages!
The elements of calcium glycyrrhizic acid, anti-oxidant, antibiotic, and protein are found in licorice. Which proves to be very beneficial for health. Licorice is sweet to eat. Sucking small pieces of licorice can provide relief from all the problems of cough, sore throat, or throat diseases.
Mulethi is called Liquorice in English. It is a bushy tree, which is yellow inside and has a mild aroma. Licorice is commonly used as a home remedy for many health-related problems. Licorice has been used for centuries to treat eyes, mouth, throat, respiratory, heart diseases, wounds.
The elements of calcium, glycyrrhizic acid, antioxidant, antibiotic, and protein are found in licorice. Which proves to be very beneficial for health. Licorice is sweet to eat. Sucking small pieces of licorice can provide relief from all the problems of cough, sore throat, or throat diseases. You must have heard a lot about the benefits of licorice, but do you know about its disadvantages as well? Let's know about the harm associated with licorice.
Disadvantages of licorice
1. Excessive use of licorice can lead to chronic fatigue, headache, swelling, edema, shortness of breath, joint stiffness, and lower testosterone levels, and muscle weakness in men.
2. Consuming licorice in limited amounts for a long time can cause potassium deficiency, high blood pressure, and muscle weakness in the body. Kidney, diabetic and pregnant women should take it only after consulting a doctor.
3. It should not be used by people with medical conditions such as high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, estrogen-sensitive disorders, kidney, heart, or liver, and menstrual problems.
4. People who are suffering from hypothyroidism should not use licorice.
Benefits of licorice
1. Cough: The problem of sore throat or cough is frequent during the winter season. In such a situation, by sucking small pieces of licorice, the problem of cough can be relieved.
2. Digestion: Elements like flavonoids are found in licorice. This not only works to keep digestion good, but it can also help in reducing weight.
3. Bad breath: Liquorice proves to be very effective in the problem of bad breath. Using licorice pieces with fennel or only by using licorice gets rid of bad breath.
4. Eyes: Licorice is used as a beneficial remedy for burning eyes and redness of eyes.
5. Skin: Liquorice is also called the powerhouse of antioxidants, as many nutrients are found in it. This is the reason that licorice removes many problems related to your skin and is also seen as a skin rejuvenating herb.
6. Arthritis: Liquorice can work to bring relief to patients with Arthritis. licorice has antioxidant and antibiotic properties, which can prove to help reduce arthritis, pain, and inflammation.
7. Fights depression: This herb also proves helpful in treating depression. licorice improves the functioning of the adrenal glands, which helps in fighting anxiety and depression. In addition, it has essential minerals and flavonoids such as magnesium, calcium, and beta-carotene, which help to rate depression.
Disclaimer: The advice and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be taken as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns