Healthy Khichadi: To balance your calorie count after Holi, eat rice khichdi of Samak..
Khichadi: Rice Khichdi of Samak is a good option to balance the extra calories you consumed after Holi. Learn the easy method of making it-
-1 cup mackerel rice
- 3 tbsp crushed peanuts
3 tbsp ghee, for tempering
-1 potato cut into small pieces
Salt as per taste
-4 tbsp curd
-1/2 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp garam masala
-1 star aniseed
-1 cinnamon stick
-8-10 curry leaves
-1 1/2 cup water 6 green chili coriander paste (handful)
-6 green chili coriander paste (handful)
1. Prepare all the ingredients by washing the rice of Samak.
2. Heat ghee in a cooker. Add cumin, star anise, and cinnamon.
3. Add curry leaves and crushed peanuts. Cook the peanuts till they turn golden in color. Add chili and coriander paste and fry for a minute.
4. Add potatoes, salt, and garam masala. mix well. Cook for three whistles by adding mackerel rice, curd, and water.
5. Samak Rice Khichdi is ready to be served.