Drink For Summer: A drink made of sattu gives relief to the body in hot summer, note its recipe
Sattu is a traditional Indian flour made from roasted gram (chickpea) or barley. It is known for its cooling properties and is commonly consumed during hot summer months to provide relief to the body. Here's a simple recipe for sattu drink:
- 2 tablespoons sattu flour (roasted gram or barley)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon jaggery or sugar (adjust according to taste)
- A pinch of black salt
- 1 glass of water
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add sattu flour, lemon juice, jaggery or sugar, and black salt.
- Gradually pour water into the bowl while whisking the mixture to ensure there are no lumps.
- Keep whisking until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- If desired, add ice cubes to a serving glass.
- Pour the sattu mixture over the ice cubes.
- Stir well to ensure everything is mixed properly.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
- Serve the sattu drink chilled and enjoy its refreshing taste.
You can adjust the sweetness and tanginess according to your preference by varying the amount of jaggery or sugar and lemon juice. Sattu drink is not only hydrating but also provides essential nutrients and minerals. It is a popular summer beverage in many parts of India and is believed to have cooling effects on the body.
Note: It's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or nutritionist if you have any specific dietary concerns or allergies before trying new recipes or ingredients.