Dev Uthani Ekadashi 2021: Do not eat these things on the day of Dev Uthani Ekadashi!
Dev Uthani Ekadashi will be celebrated on Sunday, November 14. Let us tell you that it is considered the biggest Ekadashi date of the year. Let us tell you that on this day Lord Vishnu wakes up after completing 4 months of yoga nidra.
Upon his awakening, his devotees make preparations to welcome him and special worship is also done. Many people also keep fast on this day. By observing the fast of Devuthani Ekadashi, a person gets the virtue of the whole Ekadashi. By this, all the sins of a person are destroyed and salvation is attained after death. On this day you should follow some rules and things are also such that you should also avoid eating.
These 5 things should not be eaten
1. Rice should not be eaten on the day of Devuthani Ekadashi. Rice is called the food grain. In such a situation, eating rice on this day destroys all the virtues of a person.
2. It is forbidden to eat barley, lentils, brinjal, and beans on Ekadashi. Also, onion and garlic should not be used in food.
3. Paan is offered to Lord Narayana on the day of Ekadashi, so paan should not be eaten on this day.
4. On this day, one should avoid consuming meat, alcohol, and other pungent and spicy things.
5. On the day of Devuthani Ekadashi, one should not eat food from someone else's house.