Crispy Pakoda Recipe: If you want to make less oily pakoras, then keep these things in mind, you will get good health with taste
May 17, 2023, 11:21 IST|
Here's a simple recipe for crispy pakodas, a popular Indian snack:
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste or grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Water (as needed)
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine gram flour, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, ajwain, and salt. Mix well.
- Add sliced onions, sliced potatoes, green chili (if using), and ginger paste to the dry mixture. Mix everything together, ensuring that the onion and potato slices are well coated with the flour mixture.
- Gradually add water, a little at a time, and mix to form a thick batter. The batter should be thick enough to coat the onion and potato slices evenly.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadai over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, drop spoonfuls of the pakoda batter into the oil. Fry them in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the pakodas until they turn golden brown and crispy. Flip them occasionally for even frying.
- Once done, remove the pakodas from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the crispy pakodas hot with your favorite chutney or sauce.
Enjoy the crispy and delicious pakodas as a snack with a hot cup of tea!