Aadhar card Update: Has it been 10 years since the Aadhar card was made? To get updated, follow these steps!
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the Aadhar card issuing body, has appealed to the people to update their Aadhar card.
- Address in Aadhar card can be updated online
- You can update your address by uploading a supporting address.
- This work can be done through easy steps
Update your address in your Aadhar card online like this
Today most Indians are using Aadhar Cards as an alternative to identity cards. Recently, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the Aadhar card issuing body, has appealed to the people to update their Aadhar card. If it has been 10 years since you made your Aadhar Card, then you will have to update the documents in your Aadhar Card. UIDAI says that people will have to get proof of identity (POI) and proof of address (POA) verified. We are going to tell you it's an online process.
This order of UIDAI is for those people who have not made any update to their Aadhaar in the last 10 years. Such Aadhar card holders can update their documents like ID proof and address proof. According to the information, people can also update their name, address, date of birth, mobile number, photo, and biometric details on their Aadhar card.
To update the address on your Aadhaar card, you will have to apply online through the myAadhaar portal. We are explaining this method to you step by step. If you face any problem in this process, you can update the details offline. For this, you will have to go to the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
- Update your address in your Aadhar card online like this
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update portal https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- Type your Aadhaar number and enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- A page with many options will open in front of you, you have to click on 'Online Update Services'.
- After this go to Update Aadhaar Online. Here you can make changes in name, address of data, etc. Click on Proceed to Update Aadhaar.
- A new window will appear in front of you. By clicking here you can process to update name and address. Proceed by clicking on ‘Address’.
- Now the window that will appear in front of you will have your current address. By moving towards the bottom of the window, you will get the option to fill in the details of the new address.
- To update the address, you will have to provide a valid supporting document. These include Voter ID, Marriage Certificate, Passport, School ID card, etc. The document can be uploaded manually or through DigiLocker.
- Similarly, further steps will have to be followed and the process of payment will have to be completed. Since we did not want to change our address, we did not follow further steps.
- According to the information, if the request for an Aadhaar update is accepted, you will get a 14-digit URN. With its help, you will be able to check your status. You can also click on this video for more information.