Aadhaar data leak: Lock your Aadhaar card immediately, otherwise you may suffer a big loss, this is the way!
There is news of the biggest breach to date in the Aadhaar card database. An American cyber security firm has claimed in its report that the Aadhaar card data of about 81.5 crore people of India has been leaked and is being sold on the dark web. This data leak includes information like people's names, phone numbers, addresses, and Aadhaar card numbers.
It has been said in the report that these Aadhaar card data are being sold on the dark web for 80 thousand dollars i.e. about Rs 66,60,264. At this price, you will also get passport data of Indian people. According to the report, the responsibility of investigating this data leak has been given to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). After this data leak, the risk of misuse of the Aadhaar card has increased. In such a situation, it is better that you lock your Aadhar card. Let us tell you its method...
How to lock your Aadhar card online?
How to Lock Aadhaar - Photo: Amar Ujala
- First of all, go to the UIDAI website https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and log in.
- Now click on 'Aadhaar Lock/Unlock' from the Aadhaar Services section.
- Now click on the option of 'Lock UID'.
- After that click on the Next button.
- Now follow the given instructions and lock the Aadhaar.
How to lock Aadhaar through SMS?
How to How to Lock AadhaarLock Aadhaar - Photo: Amar Ujala
- You will have to send a message to 1947 from your mobile number linked to your Aadhar card.
- From the registered mobile number, write GETOTP and the last 4 digits of Aadhaar number and send it to 1947.
- If your Aadhaar number is 123456789012 then you have to send the message by writing GETOTP 9012.
- After receiving the OTP, send the message by writing the last 4 digits of Aadhaar along with the LOCKUID OTP.
- If your Aadhaar number is 123456789012 and your OTP number is 606060 then you have to send LOCKUID 9012 606060.
- After this, your Aadhar card will be locked.
Note- After the Aadhaar is locked, your biometrics i.e. fingerprints, retina scan etc. will not be used in the bank or any other place. You can also unlock Aadhaar by using the lock method mentioned above.