Yoga for heavy thighs: - How to reduce fat from the heavy thighs
Due to the desk-bound lifestyle, we have a serious lack of physical activity in our daily routine. Many people are in occupations that require sitting all day long. Due to this, our lower body becomes weak and excess fat gets deposited in our hips and thighs.
If you want to tone your thighs and hips, don't worry! Begin with squats, doing the right way to protect the knee joints and lower back.
Yogasanas activate the leg muscles, especially the hips and thighs. Asanas such as Chair Pose, Squats, Mountain Pose and Standing Balance engage our lower body. The weight of the body is especially carried by the muscles of the hips and thighs. It tones and strengthens our legs.
1. Utkatasana - Chair Pose (This can be repeated for 5 sets by holding 30 seconds)
- Start it with homeostasis.
- Join the palms and raise the arms to make a namaste on the heart chakra.
- Bend the knees and slowly lower the pelvis.
- Make sure the pelvis is parallel to the floor and that the knees are bent 90 degrees.
- Align ankles and knees in a straight line.
- Focus your attention on the salutation.
- Make sure the spine remains straight.
- Start this also from homeostasis.
- Keep the back straight while raising the arms and join the palms in a salutation posture.
- Exhale and bend the upper body until it is parallel to the floor.
- Keep the arms near the ears.
- Keeping the right leg straight, slowly lift it back up.
- The right leg, pelvis, upper body and arm should all be in a straight line.
- To maintain balance, focus your eyes on a point on the floor.
3. Prapadasana (Tip Toe Pose)
- Begin it in Malasana or Vajrasana.
- Bring the feet together to slowly lift the ankles off the floor.
- Balance the body on the toes and keep the back straight.
- Bring the palms together and focus on the middle of the eyebrows.
- Stay in this posture while breathing for 10-20 seconds.
- To come out of this posture, bring the ankles down and come back in Malasana.
- Repeat for 3 sets.
- Start by standing in a home position.
- Lift the right leg off the floor and balance the body weight on the left leg.
- Place the right foot on the inner thigh.
- Support the feet with your palms.
- Maintain balance and join the palms in a salutation posture on the heart chakra.
- Raise the bow towards the sky.
- Repeat this with the alternate leg.
- Take the feet out of the hands, and bring the body down into Malasana.
- Sitting with the feet a little wider, try to press the ankles down firmly.
- Shift the weight to the right foot.
- Lift the left leg off the floor and begin to extend the straight leg in front.
- Flex the raised leg and straighten the knee.
- Once the balance is found, lift the hands off the floor and join the palms together.
These are basic yoga asanas that everyone can do. Practising this sequence will help us to tone the hips and thighs. In addition, it is important to follow a healthy diet for weight loss in these problem areas.
You can also reduce the fat on the thighs by doing these yogasanas.
Image Credit: Freepik
Your skin and body are different just like you. We endeavour to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.