Why include gooseberry in your diet, what are the benefits of consuming it
Have you ever tasted Karonda? It is a pink-colored sour fruit, which you will easily find in your local market.
- It is a pink-colored sour fruit.
- You will easily find it in your local market.
- Cranberry is also known as Cranberry.
Have you ever tasted Karonda? It is a pink-colored sour fruit, which you will easily find in your local market. Cranberry is also known as Cranberry. Gooseberry is available in the summer season and do you know that this small-looking fruit is full of many properties and benefits? Because of the sour taste, people generally like to consume gooseberry in the form of chutney or pickle. The nutritional profile of karonda is quite impressive, being rich in Vitamin C, B, and iron effectively scavenges free radicals and cures anemia. Apart from this, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties are also present in it. Read on to know about the amazing benefits of karonda.
Here are some special reasons why to include gooseberry in your diet:
- The percentage of soluble fiber helps in smoothening bowel movements and thus improves the functioning of the digestive system. The fruit contains pectin which makes it beneficial for improving digestion.
Sport mental health
- Regular consumption of gooseberry is beneficial for improving mental health. The presence of magnesium along with vitamins and tryptophan helps stimulate the production of the neurotransmitter- serotonin which works towards improving overall mental health.
- This fruit is enriched with innumerable anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body and ease discomfort caused by chronic infection or injury.
- The fruit is rich in Vitamin C and B vitamins. These nutrients, along with antioxidant compounds, protect cells from damage. Due to which immunity is boosted to fight against seasonal flu.
- The amount of fiber in gooseberry is good. By consuming it, the stomach feels full for a long time and we avoid eating more. If you want, you can also consume its juice.
How to consume it:
- As we have told that most people consume it in the form of chutney and pickles. If you want, you can also make jam or vegetables out of it. To make cranberry vegetables, add panch phoron masala to the oil and let it crackle, add lengthwise onion and green chilies and fry for a few seconds. Now add gooseberry and fry it along with onion, and green chilies on low flame till it becomes soft. Sprinkle salt as per taste and cook till the gooseberry becomes soft. Switch off the flame and enjoy it with roti.
Disclaimer: This content provides general information only including advice. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult an expert or your doctor for more details. NC does not claim responsibility for this information.