Utility: In this way, you can lock your biometric information in your Aadhaar Card, and no one will be able to access it!
An aadhaar card makes it easy to verify one's identity while using government programs or while applying for a license. It consists of a unique Aadhaar number assigned by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). In addition, the card holds all of our important personal data, including biometric data such as fingerprints, iris, and facial images.
Given the growing concerns about data privacy and security, it is important that you protect the security of your data, especially the biometrics stored in the Aadhaar card. Biometric information can be used by cybercriminals and fraudsters for unauthorized authentication.
But UIDAI has a tool with which you can lock your biometric information. This function allows anyone with a valid Aadhaar card to lock and unlock their biometrics momentarily. According to UIDAI, it guarantees the confidentiality of an individual's biometric information.
The owner of the Aadhar card will no longer be able to use the biometric information for authentication once it is locked. A unique error number of 330 would indicate that the biometric information cannot be accessed if one tries to access an authentication service that uses Aadhaar while the biometrics is locked.
Step-by-Step Process to Lock Your Aadhaar Biometric Details:
- On the official website of UIDAI, click on My Aadhaar.
- Select Aadhaar Services and then select Secure your Biometrics.
- Enter your 12-digit unique Aadhaar Number and Captcha Code, then click on Lock/Unlock Biometrics. Then click on Cent OTP.
- Log in by entering the OTP sent to your registered mobile number in the appropriate field.
- Continue by selecting Lock/Unlock Biometrics and then clicking on Confirm.
- Your biometrics will be successfully locked
- Note: It should be remembered that after locking your biometrics, you cannot access them again unless you unlock them or turn off Biometric Lock.