Utility: If you want to add the name of a new family member to the ration card, then follow these steps!
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana is a scheme launched by the Central and State Governments to provide financial assistance to poor families by providing wheat, rice, oil, gram, and maize at low cost or free of cost. A total food subsidy of Rs 3.91 lakh crore has been given to the Center and States under the scheme. So far 1,118 lakh tonnes of ration has been distributed across the country.
If you want to take advantage of this scheme, then you must have a ration card. If you want to add the name of a new family member to the ration card, you can do so online. To add the name of a new member, the head of the family should have the ration card and a photocopy of the same. Birth certificates of children and the Aadhaar cards of their parents will be required. In the case of a newly married woman, she must have an Aadhaar card, marriage certificate, and parents' ration card.
A ration card is considered one of the main documents required for the verification of an identity card. It is used to get affordable and free ration as well as to take advantage of many other government schemes.
To add a new member online, visit the official website of your state's food supply. For example, if you are a resident of Uttar Pradesh, go to the UP website (https://fcs.up.gov.in/FoodPortal.aspx).
Follow these steps to add a new member:
1. Create a login ID or log in with an existing one.
2. Go to the option of Add New Member on the home page and click on it.
3. A new form will open and fill in all the details of the new family member correctly.
4. Upload the soft copies of the required documents along with the form.
5. After submitting the form, you will receive a registration number.
6. Use this registration number to track the form on the portal.
7. Officials will check the form and documents, if everything is correct, your form will be accepted, and the ration card will be sent to your home via post.