Skincare Tips by Shahnaz Hussain: - These 3 kitchen ingredients are a boon for your skin
Many spices are used in the Indian kitchen. Along with spices, there are some other ingredients, which can be used on the face as well as in food. We will tell you about some of these, which will be very easily available in your kitchen and you can use them in different ways on the face to take extra care of the skin.
Turmeric has been an important ingredient for medicinal and cosmetic purposes since ancient times due to its antiseptic properties. Turmeric reduces inflammation in the skin, as well as makes the skin soft. Not only this, but turmeric also has bleaching properties, which brightens the skin complexion and makes it glowing. You can use turmeric on the skin in different ways-
- To remove tan, mix a pinch of turmeric in curd and apply it on the face daily. Wash off after 20 minutes. By doing this the skin will glow.
- Make a paste by mixing curd and a pinch of turmeric in gram flour. Apply on hands and feet thrice a week. Wash it off after half an hour. This is a good homemade body pack.
- To reduce facial hair, prepare a paste of turmeric powder and milk and rub it on the skin in a circular motion. It is said to remove facial hair over time. But this recipe can leave a pale yellow colour on your skin.
- To reduce the marks of stretch marks, first, apply olive oil and massage. Then mix gram flour, curd and turmeric and apply it to that place. Wash it off after half an hour. You will get to see good results.
Gram flour has also been used traditionally in beauty care, mainly for deep cleansing of the skin; there is no better natural scrub than gram flour. Gram flour has very good exfoliating properties. You must have heard about Ubtan. As good as ubtan can be made from gram flour, it cannot be made from any other material. You can use gram flour in different ways.
- To make ubtan, mix gram flour, rice flour, ground almonds, curd and turmeric in a bowl. First of all massage the body with sesame oil. Then apply this paste. Wash it off half an hour before taking a bath. This removes the dead skin and makes the skin glow.
- Use gram flour as a face pack to remove tan, cleanse and tighten the skin. Add curd, lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric to the gram flour. Apply it to the skin and wash off after half an hour.
- Mix ground almonds with gram flour, milk and lemon juice. Apply it to the face and wash off after 20 to 30 minutes. It helps in removing tan and lightening the skin complexion.
- The gram flour pack helps in reducing the extra oil on the skin. Mix it with milk or curd and apply it on the face for 20 minutes and then clean it with water.
- Make a paste by mixing sandalwood, turmeric and milk in gram flour for acne-prone skin. Apply on the face and wash off after 20 minutes.
Rose water contains vitamins A, C, D, E and B3. The best part is that it is suitable for sensitive skin and acne-prone skin too. Rose water is very good for dry skin as it is a kind of natural moisturizer. This can also be called powerful natural skin toner.
Your skin and body are different just like you. We endeavour to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.