Sawan 2022: Make water chestnut (Singhade) pakoras during fasting, know the recipe
Many women observe fast on Monday in Sawan. In such a situation, many can be eaten and some things are forbidden to be consumed. You are also busy worshipping Lord Shiva and then it becomes a big task to make fast offerings and pure fruit food for yourself. Yes, fasting does not mean that you cannot eat anything good.
You can cook good and tasty food without touching garlic and onion even during fasting. If you are thinking of making snacks in this way, then you can use water chestnut flour instead of gram flour. It will also be healthy and is perfect for fasting too. The best part is that you will get a slightly different test from Besan's test.
That's why today in Recipe of the Day, we have brought you the recipe for water chestnut. It is easy to make and can be eaten during fasts. So let's learn how to make them without delay.
How to make-
- For this recipe, instead of gram flour, take water chestnut flour. At the same time, prepare potatoes and other ingredients as well. It is up to you whether you want to make it with potato or water chestnut, whichever you prefer.
- If you have taken potatoes, peel them and mash them in a bowl. You can also grate it instead of mashing it. After this, add finely chopped coriander, roasted peeled peanuts, cumin powder, finely chopped green chillies and some rock salt and mix it well.
- You can make its rolls or make balls according to your choice. Make ready dumplings and keep them in the fridge for 5 minutes. This will set your dumplings well in the fridge and will also become crispy.
- Now heat oil in a pan and fry these dumplings till they turn golden. Your water chestnut pakoras are ready. Serve hot or enjoy with tea.
Image Credit: yum curry, veg cravings
SinghadeKe Atta KePakoras Recipe Card
This time, instead of gram flour, use water chestnut flour to make pakoras. Your pakoras will become even more delicious.
Total Time: 20 min
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Cooking Level: Low
- 200 grams of water chestnut flour
- 1/2 tsp rock salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp roasted peanuts
- pinch cumin powder
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 tsp amchur
- oil for frying
How to prepare-
Make a batter by mixing water chestnut flour, salt and water in a bowl.
In another bowl add potatoes, green chillies, coriander, cumin powder, roasted peanuts, coriander, salt and mix.
Heat oil in a pan. Make pakoras out of this mixture and fry them in water chestnut flour. Enjoy them with hot tea.
Your skin and body are different just like you. We endeavour to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.