Rose Water Benefits: - Make rose water at home for free and get rid of these problems
You will find rose water in every Indian home. This is because the benefits of rose water are many. It is undoubtedly a magic potion of beauty and is remarkably versatile as well. Also, it is easily available. Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, rose water can be added to your beauty regimen. This is the reason why it is considered a beauty secret not only in India but all over the world.
But while buying rose water, you should make sure that you buy only 100% pure rose water. We know that rose water is great for skin and hair, but did you know that rose water is also very good for your health.
That's why today we are going to tell you about how to make rose water at home and its health benefits. Ayurvedic doctor DikshaBhavsar has shared information related to this on her Instagram account.
Rose water is exactly what it sounds like, rose + water. It gives you all the benefits of water as well as the bonus of the anti-inflammatory and hydrating benefits of roses. In addition, it smells amazing.
How to Make Rose Water at Home
- Remove the petals from the flower and clean them under lukewarm water to remove any remaining residue.
- Put the petals in a large pot and pour enough distilled water over the top to just cover it (don't add too much water, it dilutes your rose water).
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-low heat and cover.
- Let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the petals lose their colour and turn pale pink.
- Strain the mixture to separate the petals from the water.
- Remove the petals and store the water in a glass jar.
Rose water for skin
- Soothes skin irritation.
- Purifies the skin.
- Prevents bacterial infection.
- Heals cuts, scars and burns.
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- Reduces the redness of the skin.
- It is rich in antioxidants.
Rose water for eyes
- Helps to remove dark circles under the eyes.
- Relieves burning, red or swollen eyes.
Rose water for hair
- Promotes hair growth.
- Works like a good conditioner.
- Revitalizes hair and controls dandruff.
Other benefits of rose water
- Soothes the sore throat.
- It is best to use it as an after-shave.
- Enhances mood.
- Gives relief from headaches.
- Have anti-ageing properties.
- Calms digestion problems.
- Good for the health of your lips.
Image Credit: Shutterstock & Freepik
Your skin and body are different just like you. We endeavour to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.