Recipe of the Day: Punjabi Style Chana Saag Recipe, How to Make Punjabi Style Chana Saag
Punjabi Style Chana Saag Recipe: Saag is a popular winter recipe. Apart from Sarson ka saag, there are some other saag recipes which look very interesting to eat and one of them is chana ke saag which you must try.
total time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
for how many people: 2
Ingredients of Punjabi Style Chana Saag
- 500 gms green gram
- 2 tbsp green moong dal
- 5 green chilies
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 11/2 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 whole red chilies
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
How to Make Punjabi-Style Chana Saag
1. First of all wash and cut the green leaves of the gram and keep it aside.
2. Wash the green moong dal. Boil water in a pressure cooker and put the lentils in it and cook for some time.
3. After a while, add green gram leaves and let them cook as well. Till then, make a paste by grinding green chilies, garlic, and ginger in a jar.
4. Keep stirring the greens in between with the help of a ladle, now add this paste and mix it and let it cook on low flame.
5. Take gram flour in a bowl and mix some water to make a slurry and add it to the greens and mix. Stir the greens continuously with a ladle.
6. Heat mustard oil in a pan. Add onion to it and let it cook for a few seconds. Add finely chopped garlic to it and let it turn golden.
7. After some time add whole red chilies and finely chopped tomatoes and let them cook. Add salt, red chili, and coriander powder as per taste and cook. After the tempering is ready, mix it in the greens.
8. After adding tempering, cook the greens for some time and turn off the gas. Pour ghee and serve.