Recipe- Matar Paratha is very delicious in taste, learn the easy recipe to make it!
Matar Ka Paratha is the food of the winter season! Matar ka paratha or green peas paratha is a popular whole wheat paratha. Made from whole wheat flour with spicy mashed green peas stuffing. Today we are going to tell you about its recipe.
2 cups fresh green peas
1 tsp ginger chopped
1 green chili chopped
1 tbsp coriander chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp pomegranate seeds crushed
Salt to taste
- Take 2 cups of wheat flour in a bowl, add half a cup of all-purpose flour to it and add salt as per taste.
Add one tablespoon of oil and mix the oil until it attains a breadcrumb-like consistency.
Knead soft and flexible dough by adding water. Knead the dough with the palm of your hand for 2-3 minutes as this not only helps in breaking out the gluten but also makes a soft dough.
- Keep kneading the dough for 6-7 minutes before rolling it for paratha.
The texture of the dough should be elastic otherwise the parathas will not be soft.
Take fresh peas and grind them coarsely in a mixer grinder. Do not add water to the paste while grinding it.
Now take a bowl and put the coarse paste in it.
After this, add one spoon of ginger and one spoon of chopped green chilies.
After this add freshly chopped coriander and mix it.
- Start the masala with one teaspoon of coriander, half a teaspoon of crushed anardana (pomegranate), and salt.
Mix the ingredients and keep them aside.
To make Matar Paratha
Now divide the dough into 4-5 parts and make round balls by placing them in the palm of your hand.
Now wrap these balls in dry flour and roll them with a rolling pin to make a 5-6 inch circle.
- When you make the balls, put the stuffing of peas inside them. Lift the edges one by one and bring them back to the center to make a round ball once again.
Now again apply a little flour to this stuffed ball and while stirring it with a light hand, once again roll it into a diameter of 6-7 inches.
- Heat a griddle and grease it by applying a little ghee.
Gently place the paratha on the griddle and cook from the side. Roast the paratha till it turns brown.
Serve the paratha with homemade butter and some tangy mint chutney.