Nirjala Ekadashi 2022: Know the date of Nirjala Ekadashi, the auspicious time, and the importance of worship
Each fast and festival has a different significance in Hinduism. Any fast is celebrated differently and there is a law to worship and worship the Gods. It is believed that worship performed on any date is acceptable to God. One of such dates is Ekadashi Tithi. According to the Hindu calendar, there are 24 Ekadashi Tithis in a year. There are 2 Ekadashi Tithis every month.
Of these, the Ekadashi date of Shukla Paksha of Jyeshtha month is known as Nirjala Ekadashi. According to the belief, Bhima also kept this fast in Mahabharata. Nirjala Ekadashi is also called Bhimseni Ekadashi because Bhima fasts. It is said that Nirjala Ekadashi is the most beloved Ekadashi of Lord Vishnu. Along with worshipping Lord Vishnu on this day, keeping the Nirjala fast fulfils all the wishes. Come let's know from astrologer and Vastu expert DrAartiDahiyaji, when is this year.
Nirjala Ekadashi date and auspicious time
This year, the Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Jyeshtha month i.e. Nirjala Ekadashi will fall on Friday, June 10.
- Ekadashi date starts - June 10, Friday, 7:25 am
- Ekadashi date ending - June 11, Saturday morning 5:45
- Parana time - June 11, 5:45-8:10 am
Significance of Nirjala Ekadashi
- Nirjala Ekadashi has special significance in Sanatan Dharma. On this day, donating a water urn gives auspicious results.
- The thirsty should be given water on this day. On this day, keeping grain water for animals and birds also gives auspicious results.
- Food, clothes, umbrella, slippers etc. should be donated to the poor on the day of the Nirjala Ekadashi fast.
- Donating bedding on this day is also considered good. It is believed that by donating clothes and bedding on this day, one attains supreme virtue.
- Along with this, watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, banana etc. can also be donated. This gives freedom from financial, family and health-related problems.
- By observing the fast of Nirjala Ekadashi methodically and worshipping Lord Vishnu, one gets the fruits of fasting on all Ekadashis.
- This Ekadashi bestows marriage, happiness-prosperity and peace, as well as frees a person from the bonds of attachment and illusion.
- By observing this fast one gets family happiness.
- By observing this fast, children get happiness and there is no problem for the child.
- By observing the fast of Nirjala Ekadashi, the financial condition becomes strong.
How to do fasting and worship
- It is believed that the special grace of Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi remains on whoever observes this fast.
- It is believed that tamasic food should not be taken a day before Nirjala Ekadashi.
- On the day of Ekadashi, by taking a bath in the river Ganges or by adding Gangajal in the bathing water, one gets virtuous fruits.
- It is believed that one who observes fast on this Ekadashi should not take both water and food on this day.
- It should be passed in the morning of the next day. By observing this one Ekadashi fast, a person gets the same result as fasting on all Ekadashi Tithis.
In this way, those who observe fast and worship Nirjala Ekadashi, get virtuous fruits and their wishes are fulfilled.
Image Credit: freepik.com and wallpaper cave.com
Your skin and body are different just like you. We endeavour to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.