How to get rid of Fruit flies: - Fruit Fly will run away from this homemade solution, and fruits and vegetables will also remain fresh
You put fruit in a basket on the table and in no time small flies and insects start buzzing over it. These tiny flies are called tongs and they stick to vegetables and fruits, which is not good at all from the point of view of hygiene.
How much we wash and clean our things, but the roasters do come in one way or the other. These moths are attracted by the gas and sweet scent emanating from vegetables and fruits. This is the reason that after some time they start gathering the fruits.
If you are also troubled by them, then you can drive them away with a solution made at home. Today in this article, we are going to tell you some such homemade solutions, so that these roasters will not run away even near your basket of vegetables and fruits.
1. Take Apple Cider Vinegar Help
With apple cider vinegar, you can create a solution that will keep the fruit away from pests and help keep your fruits and vegetables clean as well. You can use it in two ways.
What to do-
- The first way is to soak the fruits in a bowl by adding 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water.
- Cover this bowl with a transparent foil and pierce it with a fork.
- Gradually, the fruit flies will start sticking to it. Throw away this water that has been roasted for some time and wash your fruits with water 2-3 times and keep it.
- Now in another way, but only vinegar in a bowl and cover it with transparent wrap. Poke a hole in it with a fork. In this way, all the insects will die by falling into this solution.
1. Use White Vinegar and Dish Soap
Like apple cider, white vinegar also works great in killing these insects. If you don't have apple cider vinegar, you can use white vinegar.
What to do-
- Put vinegar in a bowl; add 3-4 drops of dish soap and mix.
- Keep this solution uncovered near the fruit basket.
- You will see that after a while the prawns will start falling into it. The soap lowers the surface tension of the vinegar, which will drown these tiny insects and flies.
2. Take Tulsi's Help
These roasters do not like the smell of basil at all. Its strong scent helps to drive them away. You can use Tulsi in this way to get rid of roasting.
What to do-
- Put 5-6 pieces of basil in a bowl and put 3-4 drops of lemon juice in it.
- Instead, you can place some 3-4 drops of basil leaves on the bottom and top of the basket of fruits and vegetables.
- This way no small flies and insects will wander around your fruits and vegetables.
- Use the Wine and Beer Trap
If you have wine or beer lying around in your house, it can also help to remove these insects. This is how you resort to the beer and wine trap.
What to do-
- Fill half a cup of beer or wine in a jar and keep it tightly closed.
- Then make a hole in the lid. In this way, the fruit fly will enter it but will die.
- With the help of this trap, you can also keep your fruits and vegetables fresh for a long time.
Now you too try these four methods. If you know of any other great way to get rid of these beetles, do let us know by commenting.
Image Credit: shutterstock, freepik, google searches
Your skin and body are different just like you. We endeavour to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.