Green Moong Dal Vada Recipe: This crispy green moong dal vada is a wonderful evening snack
About Green Moong Dal Vada Recipe: This crispy green moong dal vada is a wonderful evening snack. You can also use this vada to make crispy burgers or sandwiches by sandwiching it between buns or bread.
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
How many people: 2
Ingredients of Green Moong Dal Vada
- 200 grams of green moong dal
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic 3 Green Chilli
- 1-inch ginger
- 50 grams of fresh coriander
- 50 g fresh mint leaves
- 50g dill leaves, finely chopped
- 1-inch stick cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- oil, for frying
How to Make Green Moong Dal Vada
1. First of all wash and wash the green moong dal thoroughly. Meanwhile, chop onion, and coriander leaves and keep aside.
2. Now grind 2 tbsp soaked lentils with ginger, garlic, green chilies, and cinnamon finely.
3. Strain the remaining dal and add it to the paste to make a thick and coarse batter without adding water.
4. Mix the batter evenly with a spatula and if necessary, run the mixer for a few more seconds. Note: It doesn't matter if some part of the dal remains uncrushed.
5. Take out the dal mixture in a bowl and add salt, cumin, chopped coriander, and onion to it. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Make a small ball of the batter and flatten it on your palm before putting it in the hot oil to make a vada.
7. Cook the vadas till they turn golden brown. 8. Once done, take them out and drain them on a paper towel. Green Moong Dal Vada is ready!