Children's Covid-19 vaccination starts tomorrow, know how to register on CoWIN!
Amid the current surge in COVID-19 cases across the country, the vaccination campaign for children in the age group of 15 to 18 years begins tomorrow, January 3. Vaccination centers across the country are being prepared for the vaccination campaign.
In an effort to ease the process of vaccination for children, the Center had announced that those who are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine can register and book their slots through the CoWIN app or website from January 1, 2022.
Children in the age group of 15 to 18 years are allowed to register on the online portal or appear for walk-in appointments at designated centers. The central government had announced that onsite registration would start from January 3.
The government further said that since not all children are required to have an Aadhar card or ID, they can register themselves on the CoWIN portal using their student ID. The steps for registration are mentioned below.
Here's how teens in the age group of 15 to 18 years can register on CoWIN
- Download the CoWIN App or visit the official website cowin.gov.in.
- Click on the 'Register' option on the homepage.
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number and click on 'cent OTP'.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Now, you have to enter your name and ID proof. You can enter your Aadhaar number or your student ID number.
- After verification, you will be registered on CoWIN.
- Now, you will be able to check your details on CoWIN and book a slot for vaccination.
It should be noted that children in the above age group will be vaccinated with Bharat Biotech's Covaxin for now. They will need to carry a valid form of ID to the vaccination center, and will be able to download their vaccine certified by CoWIN after receiving the COVID-19 shot.