Blue-color Aadhaar card: Who can apply for this and how? Click here to know
Everyone can enroll for Aadhar - Even a newborn child can apply for an Aadhar card. These Aadhar cards are called Bal Aadhar.
Aadhar card is one of the most important documents that can be used for many useful purposes. The 12 digit Unique Identification Number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has now become one of the important identity documents as it contains your demographic as well as biometric data.
How to Apply for Child Aadhar Card Applying
for Aadhar Card for children is similar to the process that adults have to follow. You will have to fill an application form available at the enrollment center along with supporting documents which are Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA), Proof of Relationship (POR), and Date of Birth (DOB) documents. UIDAI accepts 31 PoI and 44 PoA, 14 PoR, and 14 DoB documents.
Here are 5 fun, interesting and important facts about Baal Aadhaar.
1. A child below 5 years of age gets a blue-colored child base and becomes invalid when the child turns 5 years old.
2. You can use your child's school ID (photo ID issued by a recognized educational institution) for his/her Aadhaar enrollment.
3. Remember to update your child's biometric Aadhaar data at the age of 5 and again at the age of 15. This mandatory biometric update is free for children. The mandatory biometric update is required to reactivate it.
4. Your Aadhaar along with the child's birth certificate or hospital leave slip is sufficient to enroll your child for Aadhaar.
5. The child's Aadhaar data does not include biometric information such as fingerprint and iris scan. Once the child crosses the age of 5, the biometrics need to be updated.