Kisan Credit Card: Click here to know the benefits, limits, and other facts of the Kisan Credit Card issued by the government!
The Government of India launched the Kisan Credit Card program in an effort to help farmers in many crises. The government unveiled the program in 1998. The primary goal of the scheme is to provide timely, adequate financial support to farmers with flexible procedures.
For a good crop, most of the farmers of India have to depend on the monsoon. In case of a delay in monsoon, farmers can sow the crop again. This can result in a significant financial burden, as most Indian farmers make only enough money to survive. But under Kisan Credit Card, a farmer can get a loan of up to Rs 3 lakh for farming. The farmer can pay this amount at a 4 percent interest rate.
There are various benefits provided by Kisan Credit Card. Here are some of them:
- Interest will be paid on the balance amount deposited in the account at the savings bank rate.
- Farmers get ATM cum credit cards to withdraw cash.
- The repayment period is as per the harvest period.
- The maximum limit of the Kisan Credit Card may increase every year after the annual review.
- There is an interest subvention of 3% p.a. for early borrowers.