Banks will remain closed for 21 days in different states in October!
Public and private banks will be closed for several days on the second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays in October due to festivals. As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, banks are closed on all public holidays but there are some holidays that are regional, i.e. restricted to certain states only. Regional holidays are decided by the respective state governments.
RBI has divided bank holidays into three categories- they are under the Negotiable Instruments Act, Negotiable Instruments Act, and real-time gross settlement holidays and closure of accounts of banks.
Here are the bank holidays in October 2021:
1. October 1- Half Yearly Closure of Bank Accounts (Gangtok)
2. October 2 - Gandhi Jayanti (All States)
3. October 3 - Sunday
4. 6 October – Mahalaya Amavasye (Agartala, Bangalore, Kolkata)
5. 7 October - Mera Chauren Hauba of Lanningthou Sanmahi (Imphal)
6. October 9- Second Saturday
7. October 10 - Sunday
8. October 12- Durga Puja (Maha Saptami) / (Agartala, Kolkata)
9. October 13- Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami) / (Agartala, Bhubaneshwar, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi)
10. 14 October - Durga Puja/Dussehra (Mahanavami)/Ayut Puja (Agartala, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram)
11. October 15- Durga Puja/Dussehra/Dussehra (Vijay Dashami) will be there and for that day there will be a holiday in all banks except banks located in Imphal and Shimla.
12. October 16 - Durga Puja (Dasain)/(Gangtok)
13. October 17- Sunday
14. 18 October - Kati Bihu (Guwahati)
15. October 19- Eid-e-Milad/Eid-e-Mildunnabi/Milad-e-Sharif (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)/Barawafat/(Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Chennai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram)
16. October 20 - Birthday of Maharishi Valmiki / Laxmi Puja / Eid-e-Milad (Agartala, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Shimla)
17. October 22 - Friday after Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi (Jammu, Srinagar)
18. October 23 - Fourth Saturday
19. 24 October Sunday
20. 26 October – Accession Day (Jammu, Srinagar)
21. October 31 - Sunday