EPF KYC Update: How to update KYC including contact details in EPF account, can handle the whole process in just one go
EPF KYC Update: You will be able to withdraw money from EPF online only when your KYC is updated. If KYC is not updated, then EPF cannot be easily transferred from one company to another. If you update KYC, then you will get monthly PF information from EPF.
Employee Provident Fund Accounts (EPF Account) is very important to keep updated. Be it personal information or the name of the nominee, even the contact details should always be kept updated in the EPF account. If there has been any update or change in any information related to you, then immediately change it in the EPF account. If there is any change in a mobile number or email id, then contact details (Contact details) and change immediately. Failure to do so may cause problems in the future. This type of problem is often seen when the name of the nominee is not registered. KYC update nowadays (KYC Update) otherwise the transaction stops. The same is the case with the EPF account.
If KYC is not updated, where many services can stop, then if you keep it updated then you get many additional benefits. You will be able to withdraw money from EPF online only when your KYC is updated. If KYC is not updated, then EPF cannot be easily transferred from one company to another. If you update KYC, then you will get monthly PF information from EPF. In it will be told how much money has been deposited in your account and how much is the full balance. Most importantly, if the PF is withdrawn after the completion of 5 years of service and the PAN card information is updated in it, then 10 percent TDS will be deducted. If PAN is not updated, then the amount of TDS will exceed 30 percent. Let us know how to update KYC in the EPF account.
- First of all, go to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and log in by entering UAN, Password
- Go to the ‘Manage’ section and click on ‘KYC’
- A form will open in front of you in which information about PAN, Aadhar, Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, Voting Card, National Population Register, etc. will have to be filled.
- Put a tick in front of the name of the document you want to give along with the form and enter its number. In addition to name and address, write the IFSC code for the bank and expiry date in case of a passport, driving license
- After giving all this information click on the ‘Save’ button. After this, your complete information will be saved in ‘Pending KYC’
- All this information given by you will go to EPFO and from there verification will be done.
- As soon as the verification is complete, a checkmark will appear against your document and the KYC will be updated
After providing personal details in the form for KYC, you can also update the contact details. Phone number and email id come in this details. If there is any change in it, then it should also be changed with the KYC update. With both hands, the work will be done. Contact details are most important because in any activity related to the account, a message will come on your phone or mail. You can rest assured by checking it.
How to update contact details
- Login to EPF Account by entering UAN and Password
- Go to the ‘Manage’ section and click on ‘Contact Details’
- If there is any change in the mobile number or email ID, then tick against ‘Change mobile number’ or ‘Change email ID’. Then click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’
- A PIN is sent to your mobile number which has to be entered in the box of Authorization PIN. Your mobile number and email id will be updated as soon as you enter this PIN. However, it may take some time for this new information to appear in the EPF account.