7th Pay Commission: This state government increased DA by 8% for employees and pensioners, see details!


PC: Business Standard

The Government of Gujarat has given important news to its dedicated employees. There has been a significant increase in Dearness Allowance (DA) for government employees, which has seen an impressive increase of 8 percent. Leading this upliftment decision was none other than the respected Chief Minister of Gujarat, Bhupendra Patel. The hike in DA covers all government employees and pensioners of the state.

Significantly, the Central Government had recently implemented a 4 percent increase in the DA of central employees, giving effect to the dearness allowance increase. As a result, these hardworking employees are now enjoying the benefit of 42 percent DA. This increase came into effect on the auspicious day of January 1, 2023. Incidentally, the enhanced DA of the Government of Gujarat will also be deemed to be effective from the same date, i.e., 1 January 2023.


PC: BQ Prime

Estimating the number of beneficiaries participating in this sudden increase, the state government has announced that around 9.50 lakh pensioners and government employees will take advantage of it. Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel expressed confidence that this increase would undoubtedly give solace and relief to the hardworking employees and pensioners of the state. Due to the courtesy of the state government, there has been a double concurrent increase in dearness allowance.

The 8 percent increase in Dearness Allowance has been strategically divided into two distinct phases. The initial increase of 4 percent was implemented on July 1, 2022, while the second increase is in line with the central government's protocol starting January 1, 2023, with a further increase of 4 percent. As a result, this cumulative effort has resulted in a total increase of 8 percent in the DA of the employees.


PC: Fortune India

It is pertinent to note that this favorable turn of events is not limited to the state of Gujarat alone. Following the lead of the Central Government, the Tamil Nadu Government has also recently increased the Dearness Allowance by 4 percent in compliance with the recommendations given by the Seventh Pay Commission. Apart from this, many other states including Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Assam have also increased the Dearness Allowance by 3 percent.