Which SUV is better Force Gurkha or Mahindra Thar, know everything including price, features
New Delhi. Force Motors has launched its new generation Gurkha SUV. The all-new Force Gurkha SUV is available at a starting price of Rs 13.59 lakh (ex-showroom). The SUV is known to be a good off-roader, and the new generation model is more powerful. The SUV takes on rivals like the Mahindra Thar, a genuine off-roader available in India. Both the Force Gurkha and Mahindra Thar fall in the affordable lifestyle SUV segment. Both the SUVs are capable of tough off-roading and come with a price point that is below the Rs 20 lakh slab.
Dimensions of Force Gurkha vs Mahindra Thar –
The new Force Gurkha measures 4,116 mm in length, 1,812 mm in width, 2,075 mm in height and 2,400 mm in wheelbase. Mahindra Thar, on the other hand, is 3,985 mm long, 1,855 mm wide, 1,920 mm high, and has a wheelbase of 2,450 mm. This means that the new Force Gurkha SUV is taller and taller than its rival Mahindra Thar. However, the Mahindra SUV is wider and comes with a slightly longer wheelbase.
Design of Force Gurkha vs Mahindra Thar –
- The new Force Gurkha comes with a revised design that is more attractive than the previous model. However, the basic silhouette of the Gurkha SUV remains intact. It gets circular LED headlamps with integrated LED daytime running lights. The front profile also gets a bigger and revised radiator grille and a chunky bumper. The clamshell bonnet, the high-mounted snorkel are similar to the outgoing model.
- Coming to the side profile, the SUV also gets a revised greenhouse area, chunky black cladding, and a tough-looking roof rack. The alloy wheels come with a new bold look. At the rear, the taillights also get a new design. It also gets a center-mounted spare wheel, a large rear windscreen, and a chunky bumper. Overall, the new Force Gurkha comes with a more attractive design without affecting its signature styling.
- Mahindra Thar on the other hand comes with an attractive design and a strong road presence. The bold-looking SUV dropped its famous Jeep-inspired vertical split front grille design. Instead, the new Thar gets a grille which is completely different from the old model. The attractiveness of the SUV is further enhanced by LED headlamps, a heavier front bumper, and a revised front.
- The SUV gets a new side body cladding, a new and bold-looking alloy design, and a revised greenhouse area. At the rear, the car gets LED taillights, a revised rear windscreen, and a chunky bumper. The new Mahindra Thar SUV looks more muscular than its previous version.
Cabin and Features of Force Gurkha and Mahindra Thar –
- Like the exterior, the cabin of the 2021 Force Gurkha has also been updated. It gets a semi-digital instrument cluster, a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto. It gets four speakers, power windows, dual USB charging points, TPMS, rear parking sensors, etc.
- The new Mahindra Thar on the other hand looks more attractive inside the cabin than its rival and certainly the previous version of the Thar. It has a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment display with smartphone and smartwatch connectivity. Inside the cabin of Mahindra Thar are steering mounted controls, real-time adventure statistics display, electric ORVM, semi-digital instrument cluster, keyless entry, cruise control, etc.
Performance of Force Gurkha and Mahindra Thar –
- A Mercedes-Benz-sourced 2.6-liter turbo diesel engine mated to a five-speed manual gearbox will power the Force Gurkha in 2021. This engine generates power of 90 bhp and a peak torque of 250 Nm.
- Mahindra Thar on the other hand is available in both petrol and diesel options. The SUV gets a 2.0-liter petrol engine and a 2.2-liter diesel motor as powertrain options. Both the engines come with six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmission options. The petrol engine is capable of producing 150 bhp power and 320 nm torque. At the same time, the diesel engine is capable of generating 130 bhp power and 300 Nm torque.
- Mahindra Thar is more powerful than the Force Gurkha and the automatic transmission option adds to its appeal. Both the SUVs come with 4×4 technology. However, the water wedding capability of Thar is less than that of Force Gurkha.