Aadhaar card is necessary for people of all ages. Children can also apply for an Aadhaar card. If you have children under 5 years of age in your home, then a 12-digit Aadhaar card is also required for them, which can be used as ID proof. Children under 5 years of age are issued a blue color Aadhaar card, which is called a Bal Aadhaar card. However, after 5 years, if the biometric update is not done in it, then it is considered invalid.
Aadhaar enrollment for children is exactly like Aadhaar enrollment. Parents have to go to the nearest enrollment center and fill a form for the child's Aadhaar enrollment. No child data is captured here. However, at the age of 5 and 15 years, biometric data such as fingerprints, facial photos, and iris scans are taken.
Which document will be needed
- Child's Birth Certificate or School ID
- Aadhaar Card Details of Parents
- Hospital discharge form
- How to apply for Aadhaar Card
- Visit nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center
- The child's birth certificate will be required along with the Aadhaar card of the parents.
- A child under 5 years of age will not be taken biometric.
- The child's base will be linked to the parent's Aadhaar card.
- How to book for Aadhaar
- First of all, you have to visit the UIDAI website.
- After this, you have to click on the Aadhaar registration link.
- Here some details like child's name, parents' mobile number, e-mail ID will have to be taken.
- After filling in personal details, you have to click on the appointment fixed button. There will be no charge for this.