Women Under 17 World Cup will be without spectators in worse conditions

231

Kushal Das, general secretary of the All India Football Federation, said on Monday that the FIFA Under 17 Women's World Cup could be held without spectators even amid the rising cases of coronavirus epidemic. The tournament, which has been postponed twice, will take place between February 17 and March 7 next year.


Das said in a webinar of the Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industries that in the worst-case scenario we have to do it without an audience and it will be sad. So far, more than 22 thousand lives have been lost in the country due to the corona epidemic, while the number of infected is above eight lakhs. Camp for the tournament will be held in August and Jharkhand is leading in the race to host.


The senior men's team has to play World Cup qualifiers against Qatar in October and Afghanistan in November and Das says the camp will be held in Bhubaneswar for this. He said that the AIFF will bear the expenses of the players' investigation which is expected to be financially supported by FIFA. The first installment of help from FIFA is expected around July 20.