Team India has to visit Sri Lanka in July. During this time many senior players will be out. In such a situation, Shikhar Dhawan will be given the captaincy. At the same time, the BCCI has said that if any player's report comes positive before England Daire, then he will not go on the tour.
New Delhi. Team India has to go to Sri Lanka in July. There will be a series of three ODIs and three T20 matches on the tour. The board has prepared this plan to keep the players ready for the remaining matches of IPL 2021. During this time a team will play the Test series in England. Shikhar Dhawan will be captained by the young team going on tour to Sri Lanka. At the same time, the board has tightened the rules for the players, taking a lesson from the IPL. The board has said that if a player comes positive before the tour of England, then he will not be able to go on the tour.
Here are the top 10 sports news of May 11:
- Team India has to visit Sri Lanka in July. The team has to play a series of three ODIs and three T20 matches here. Big players like Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma will be left out of this series. Because they will be preparing for the Test series in England during this period. In such a situation, new players will be given a chance on the tour. Not only this, but the team will also get a new captain. Shikhar Dhawan is set to become captain. He is one of the senior players of the team.
- There is a T20 and ODI series between India and Sri Lanka. Team India will visit Sri Lanka in July. Meanwhile, according to the information, all the matches of the series will be held at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. Not only this, fans will not be allowed to come to the stadium during the match. The Sri Lanka Cricket Board has decided this due to Corona.
- Virat Kohli and his wife Anushka Sharma have raised more than Rs 5 crore. Indian captain Virat Kohli had the campaign to raise Rs 7 crore in 7 days in this campaign called In This Together. From May 7 to May 11, that is, 5.22 crore have been received in 5 days. 1.78 crore rupees to be raised in 2 days. This amount is to be spent on Karona patients.
- The Indian Premier League has been postponed indefinitely due to the 2021 Coronavirus, but the fans of Chennai Super Kings are still immersed in the memory of the IPL. Fans of Chennai Superkings became extremely emotional remembering their team on Tuesday. Chennai Superkings has posted a video on its Twitter handle in which it has promised a strong comeback from its fans.
- If any Indian player has improved their performance in the last few months, it is fast bowler Mohammad Siraj. The right-arm fast bowler has not looked back after getting a chance to tour Australia. Siraj's bowling has got a sharp edge and he has also presented proof of this in the 7 matches played in IPL 2021. Siraj used a lot of yorker, bouncer balls and emerged as an economical bowler. Because of this performance of Siraj, he was also selected for the tour of England. Let me tell you, Mohammad Siraj gives full credit for his success to captain Virat Kohli.
- The whole country is fighting the war with the second wave of Corona at this time and it is also a big challenge for every board to continue the game in this difficult time. It is a challenge for BCCI to continue cricket in this difficult time. Already, due to this epidemic, the 14th season of IPL has been postponed and now during this crisis, the Indian team has to visit England next month. In such a situation, the BCCI has instructed the Indian players going on the tour of England that they have said that after reaching Mumbai, if any player's Kovid report comes positive, then he can consider himself out of the tour.
- The Tokyo Olympic Games are due from 23 July. But due to the corona, there is doubt on its organization. Games have already been postponed for a year. The people of Japan have started boycotting the Olympics. Fans are protesting outside the stadium during the test event. At the same time, after Japanese tennis player Naomi Osaka, Kei Nishikori of this place has also raised some big questions about the games.
- The Indian shooting team left for Croatia on Tuesday to prepare for the Tokyo Olympics. The players here will prepare for the Olympics for about 80 days, but the team's pistol coach Pavel Smirnov could not travel to Croatia on Tuesday with a 28-member Indian shooting squad due to a visa failure. This team, including 13 shooters, has to participate in the Olympic camp in the European country. The team will also play tournaments here. Two other Olympic qualifying players Angad Singh Bajwa and Meraj Ahmed Khan are training in Italy.
- Sports Minister Kiran Rijiju on Tuesday warned Indian players against breaking the Covid-19 rules of other countries while traveling for training or competition. Rijiju tweeted while wishing the shooters who qualified for the Olympics on the Croatia tour a successful tour. Rijiju said, 'Safe journey. Never break the Kovid-19 rules of other countries. Concentrate on training, concentrate and be safe. We will provide all needed support to our players and coaches. Best wishes to all of you. '
- The Men's World Boxing Championships will be held from 26 October to 6 November in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia. The International Boxing Association announced this on Tuesday. Earlier this competition was to be held in India, but last year it lost the hosting rights after failing to pay the hosting fee. After this, AIBA handed over the hosting to Serbia.