Coronavirus continues to wreak havoc across the country. On Thursday, the mourning of two Indian players took place. London Olympics bronze medalist PV Sindhu also received bad news. Know the 10 big news of Thursday (TOP 10 Sports News).
New Delhi. The coronavirus is wreaking havoc on Indian cricket as well. On Thursday, BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly informed that if there are no remaining matches of IPL, then BCCI could suffer a loss of 2500 crores. At the same time, due to the Coronavirus, weeds of Indian cricketer Veda Krishnamurthy and former Rajasthan Ranji player Vivek Yadav were mourned. Big news also came on AB de Villiers, know 10 big news of May 6 (TOP 10 Sports News).
- Vatsala Shivkumar, sister of Indian female cricketer Veda Krishnamurthy, died of Covid-19 infection. Two weeks before this, his mother also died due to this fatal infection. Vatsala, 45, died Wednesday night in a private hospital in Chikkamagaluru. Veda's mother Cheluvamba Devi died last month. Veda has played 48 ODIs and 76 T20 Internationals for India.
- Vivek Yadav, a former Rajasthan leg-spinner and a member of the Ranji Trophy-winning team, died due to problems related to the coronavirus. He was 36 years old and has a daughter in his family besides his wife. Yadav breathed his last at the city hospital on Wednesday.
- South Africa will play a 2-Test series and a five-match T20 series against the West Indies in June next month. The tour was announced by South African cricket director Graeme Smith. With this, Smith hoped that AB de Villiers will also return to international cricket in the T20 series.
- Cairn Pollard has once again been appointed as captain of the Trinbago Knight Riders in the Caribbean Premier League 2021 starting in August. Last season, Trinbago won the title under Pollard's captaincy.
- Four major English county teams Middlesex, Surrey, Warwickshire, and Lancashire have expressed their desire to host the remaining 31 matches of the Indian Premier League. The league was postponed indefinitely after four Indian cricketers were found to be Corona positive. There is a possibility of a third wave of Corona coming to India later this year. The BCCI is exploring the possibility of organizing it after the Indian team's tour of England ends in September.
- Shikhar Dhawan, the senior opener of the Indian cricket team, has taken the first dose of the Corona vaccine on Thursday. Dhawan was part of the Delhi Capitals team in the Indian Premier League. It was postponed indefinitely on Tuesday after several cases of corona in the league's bio bubble. Dhawan tweeted, 'Tika hai. Thank you to all Corona warriors for their sacrifice and commitment. Please do not hesitate and get vaccinated soon. With this, we will be able to defeat all viruses. '
- Chennai Super Kings batting coach Michael Hussey and bowling coach L Balaji were taken from Delhi to Chennai in an air ambulance as they recovered from the Kovid-19. Hussey and Balaji were members of the coaching staff who were found to be Kovid-19 positive in a biologically safe environment following which the IPL was postponed indefinitely on Tuesday. The CSK official told PTI, "We have decided to bring Hussey and Balaji to Chennai by air ambulance because our connectivity here is better and we want to ensure better medical facilities in times of need."
- The former all-rounder of India Laxmiratan Shukla said on Thursday that he would pay the entire fees from the Indian Premier League commentary to the West Bengal Chief Minister's Relief Fund to deal with the Corona crisis. Shukla was the Sports and Youth Affairs Minister of the state from 2016 to 2021. He said goodbye to politics earlier this year. He was a Trinamool Congress MLA from the Howrah North region.
- London Olympics bronze medalist Saina Nehwal and men's star Kidambi Srikanth's hopes of qualifying for the Olympics through the Malaysia Open is stuck in the balance as the Malaysian government bans travel from India battling Covid-19. The Indian government, however, is talking to Malaysia to find a solution.
- Indian wrestler Sumit Malik has made it to the semi-finals of the ongoing World Wrestling Olympic qualifier in Bulgaria. Sumit managed to defeat Ayal Lajrev of Kyrgyzstan 3–2 in the 125 kg category. If Sumit reaches the final, he will get a ticket to the Tokyo Olympics.