Sanjeev Rajput's name is included in the list of star shooters of India. 40-year-old Sanjeev was born on 5 January 1981 in Yamunanagar, Haryana. Sanjeev's father, who belonged to a very simple family, used to sell puris to raise his son by putting up a food cart. With hard work, not only did Sanjeev fulfill his dream of joining the Indian Navy, but he also won many medals in shooting for the country. The son of this India, who has done Master Chief Petty Officer-2 in the Indian Navy, is expected to medal in the Tokyo Olympics.
Sanjeev joined the Navy at the age of just 18 and retired as a Junior Commissioned Officer in 2014 after serving for 19 years. The journey of success that Sanjeev started by winning the gold medal in the Shooting World Cup for India in the year 2011 continues till now. It is the dream of this shooter to win the tricolor in India's gold medal in the Tokyo Olympics.
Achievements of Sanjeev
- Shooting world cup
- 2011 Gold Medal (50m 3rd position)
- Silver Medal (10m Air Rifle) in 2010
- Silver Medal in 2016 (50m 3rd Position)
- Silver Medal in 2019 (50m 3rd Position)
- Gold medal in 2021 (50m 3 position)
- Commonwealth Games
- Cannes medal in 2006 (50m 3 position)
- Silver Medal in 2014 (50m 3rd Position)
- Gold Medal in 2018 (50m 3rd Position)
- Asian games
- Silver Medal in 2018 (50m 3rd Position)
Appreciating the brilliant success of Sanjeev, the Government of India honored him with the Arjuna Award in 2010.